This Sunday, December 17, we will be taking up a Christmas Offering! 100% of what you give is going directly to sending out more missionaries to make more disciples of Jesus and plant more churches for His glory.
I love the passage of scripture in 2 Corinthians 9:7…
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
This verse tells us that when we give to The Lord’s work, it should be intentional.
This verse also tells us that when we give financially to The Lord, we should be filled with joy.
Here is how you can prepare for this Sunday’s Christmas Offering so that it is both intentional and joyful!
- Pray – Ask God how much He wants you to give. Seriously. Don’t just think about it, PRAY about it. And don’t be surprised when what God tells you doesn’t make sense to you at first!
- Write down an amount – If you are going to be giving with a check, go ahead and write it out BEFORE you get to church. If you are giving cash, go to the ATM on Friday or Saturday. If you are giving online, write out an amount on your phone.
- Ask others to give – This is a great opportunity to get your kids involved and let them give! Let your roommate know about this opportunity and text them the link. If you are married, talk about it with your spouse.
- Give in advance – If you won’t be at church this Sunday or just can’t wait that long, go ahead and give online! Take advantage of technology and still be a part of what our church is doing TOGETHER! Click here to give online.
- Trust God – Read the next verse in 2 Corinthians 9… verse 8
God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
I can’t wait to see what God does on Sunday.