This summer we have been talking about people from the Old Testament that obeyed God in some pretty extraordinary situations. Hebrews 11 says that it was their faith in God that made them complete and able to enter into relationship with Him.
I believe FAITH is one of the most important issues for The Church. With it, we can move mountains. Without it, we cannot please God. So, here are 5 reasons strengthening and practicing faith is so important!
5 Reasons Faith Is Important:
- It’s how we are saved eternally – “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
- You can’t please God without it – “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
- Because we all go through trials – “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4
- So we can finish the Great Commission – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you…” Matthew 28:19-20
- So you won’t live a boring life – “Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.” Genesis 12:1
In what areas could your faith grow? Take a moment and pray and ask The Lord to increase your faith in Him.